Thank you for your interest in the Boyertown Soccer Club Travel Soccer Program.
Travel Tryouts for the 2018-2019 have completed. See the below teams who are stil looking for a few more players
Birth Year: 09', 08', 07' Girls
Birth Year: 09', 07', 05' Boys
If you have any interest or any questions about Travel Soccer please contact our Travel Director David D’Aiello at email@example.com
The following items are required to tryout for a BSC travel team, and must be submitted at the first tryout your child attends. Click on any form to open up a printable copy of the form.
- BSC Code of Conduct (This form must be signed by BOTH the player and the parent)
- BSC Participation Waiver
- A COPY of your child's birth certificate if he or she is NEW to the BSC travel program.
All participants must bring the following to each tryout:
- Shin guards (covered by soccer socks)
- Cleats or other acceptable footwear
- Soccer ball
- Water or drinks
Note: Players are asked to not wear a travel soccer jersey to tryouts. The tryout process is independent and non-biased, so this policy will help enforce that. Thank you for your help with this.
Prior to Tryouts
- All players are asked to complete the online registration form to register for tryouts.
- Print and complete necessary forms listed above and compile documents.
- Get out and touch the ball: 15 minutes a day can yield over 1,000 touches...that's 7,000 touches per week!!
- Arrive at the field no later than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- Come prepared at the first tryout with all necessary paperwork and documents.
- Every player must attend at least two of the three scheduled tryout sessions.
- Give your best effort...that's all we can ask!
- After the final tryout, the coaches and evaluators will meet to create rosters.
- The rosters will be presented to the Director of Travel and the Travel Committee and then presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
- As soon as the rosters are approved, the head coach from that age group will contact each player who tried out. Players will be informed no later than one week after the last tryout.
Often times, players and parents want to know what a coach is looking for in a player. It is difficult to truly see all that a player has to offer in just two or three sessions. However, the tryouts will be structured in a way to allow all participants a chance to showcase their talents. Here is a quick explanation of each criterion:
Technical skills: passing, dribbling, shooting, first touch, defending, etc.
Speed, quickness, agility, strength, body control, etc.
Tactical skills: positioning, communication, decisions on and off the ball, etc.
We are looking for players who exhibit a positive attitude, take coaching points well, show good sportsmanship, and have an overall desire to improve as players.
Coaches and evaluators will use the Tryout Evaluation Form found HERE to help with their evaluations.